Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Sticky Situation

For my final Sticky Situation Project, I chose to paint s'mores with acrylic paint. I drew s'mores because the melted marshmallow and chocolate in them is extremely sticky.

The way I created the layout for my s'mores was an original idea.  I wanted to zoom into the s'more so the emphasis could be on the sticky, dripping chocolate and marshmallow. 

I took risks with this project when I added the burn marks on the marshmallow.  I was really nervous to do this because I really liked how it looked without them, but it looked like it needed more added to it.  This project was kind of scary for me because I had a concussion and I missed school, and on the days that I missed, we learned techniques for acrylic paint and water colors.  Once I got started It really wasn't as hard as I thought it would be

While painting and drafting my piece, I asked my table mates if they thought the drips in the chocolate and the marshmallow were spaced out good enough.  I also got help from my table because they filled me in on what I missed when I was absent. 

I liked this project and I am happy with the way my painting turned out!

No comments:

Post a Comment